The Department is located in the heart of the Stone Town of Zanzibar. Written by experienced teachers, the course provides a step-by-step approach to Swahili. Following the University restructuring process; the new Department of Kiswahili for Foreigners has been established to teach Kiswahili programmes for foreigners. Please send your colleagues to the Institute and they will always have the memories of Zanzibar and the Institute. The visits are very pleasant and provide lots of fun and they are also a good way of practising Kiswahili. Students are accompanied by their teachers in these visits.
Sometimes this causes the cases to take nearly twice as much time they require to be heard and determined. Interested students will be required to submit registration forms which will be available on our website or by request. This course is recommended for foreigners who would like to work in any Kiswahili speaking country. The student is introduced to the rudiments of Swahili grammar as well as to a number of the highest frequency patterns and cliches which he will need immediately upon arrival in East Africa. Want to study and learn Swahili on the web? Teaching staff The staff at the Department is a group of well qualified dedicated experts with years of experience in teaching Kiswahili to foreigners. Student will be provided with a nice room with fan and writing table, along with breakfast, lunch and dinner. About this Item: Global Pubns Ssips , 2003.
Classes take up to six students and a minimum of two learners. About this Item: Global Pubns Ssips , 2003. It is designed to enable the student to evaluate ideas and responses. Published for the Commonwealth Secretariat by Nexus Partnerships. The book will be very useful to Kiswahili learners at home and, more specifically, to learners in Kenya and Tanzania that need a full course in a single and clear book.
It should also help those who wish to undertake a comparative linguistic study and make themselves familiar with Kiswahili authors and actors, past and present. You can download it below and listen to it using your ipod, in your car, or anywhere in the world for your personal use. Kiswahili had to overcome all odds in the 1960s and 70s even to be accepted as the national language. Such students may be those who have completed the beginners course at the Institute or those who have learnt Kiswahili somewhere else before coming to the Institute. If you're planning a trip to , consider learning a few basic phrases of Swahili before you go. Students at this level study all forms of Kiswahili literature.
This level provides various reading, listening and writing skills to those who have a fair amount of knowledge of the language. There is no registration fee. Looking for online Swahili tutorials? Another great way to immerse yourself in Swahili culture is to listen to in-language broadcasting from sources like , or. Textbooks for the course are on sale at the Institute's bookshop. But according to Mr Njonjo, only 40 per cent of Kenyans then could competently speak in Kiswahili and a lot of work would have to be done to encourage the other 60 per cent to accept the language. The Institute was established in 1979. The Department also has a well-stocked class library.
About this Item: Global Academic Pub, 2003. Students may also choose to look for accommodation by themselves. Ever since, it has taught Kiswahili to many students from different part of the world. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. The Institute has a good list of families who take in foreign students as paying guests. It is formated as mp3, which means most audio players can play it. The grammar of the language is well and clearly described.
Specially written by experienced teachers for self-study or class use, the course offers you a step-by-step approach to written and spoken Swahili. And he could not comprehend how laws would be made in Kiswahili. In Swahili, the correct word to describe the language is Kiswahili and the people who speak Kiswahili as their mother tongue may call themselves Waswahilis. Kiswahili is a growing language in Africa and the world as a whole. Come over and visit me sometime.
The Department also integrates the student with Swahili culture and values. Apart from attending lectures, students get the opportunity to live with Tanzanian families for some weeks. No prior knowledge of the language is required. In the summer of 1965, the Foreign Service Institute prod. Admission is also done for those wishing to carry out their studies in other periods of a month but their schedule will begin in the afternoon. The Swahili phrases have audio recorded by a native speaker.