The first thing you would search Google if you have plans to improve your home interior is the design. If you are a millennial, you would prefer the latest trends in home improvement. The question is can you afford it? Another important thing you need to consider is will your preferred design fit your house. To help you decide which the right design for your house is, here are 3 home improvement ideas you may consider.
What’s in and what’s out?
Here are the latest trends in home improvement:
- Shower stalls are In Tubs are Out
According to experts, 2016 is the year of bathroom improvement. Several homeowners are shying away from the traditional tubs and opt to shower stalls instead. Here are the advantages of using shower stalls:
- Shower stalls are space saving. An average bathroom measures 5 by 8 only. Installing shower stalls can free up spaces. Also, the homeowners can incorporate a bigger, spa-like shower rather than the traditional enclosure.
- You can conserve water in the shower stall. A bathtub can hold 25 to 45 gallons while the modern showerhead uses 2.5gallons per minute.
- If you have elderly in your house, it is much better and safer to install a shower stall. Climbing in and out of the bathtub can be difficult for elderly.
- Glass Tiles are In Ceramic is Out
If you love glass tiles, this is good news for you. For backsplashes and bathroom surrounds the experts suggests that you choose glass tiles over ceramic. Here are some of the benefits of using glass tiles:
- Glass tiles are more environmental-friendly.
- It reflects plenty of light, so it makes the kitchen or bathroom look larger.
- They are less porous, thus it resists stains and mold and mildew.
- Available in every color you can imagine.
- It is also made in attractive shapes including the popular subway tile pattern.
- It is available in larger sheets for a minimal, uncluttered look.
- The color used for backsplashes range from white and black and everything in between.
- Comfort height is In Lowboy Toilets are Out
If you still have the lowboy toilets, you better get rid of it now. Comfort height toilet is the latest trend. This is recommended for people with joint and mobility problems. Here are some of the benefits of using comfort height toilet:
- It has an elegant design, shape, and body transform the look of the residential bathroom into an ADA bathroom.
- Ideal for those with bad knees, arthritis, joint pains and bad backaches, one can sit down and stand up comfortably.
- It comes with a better flushing technology that consumes less amount of water.
Keep in mind it is okay to be trendy but make sure it will fit your budget. You may consider any of the above home improvement ideas as long as the changes are applicable in your house.